Happy Beautician’s Day!
I thought it would be fun for Beautician’s day to do a small intro on applying make-up and more specifically on making your eyelashes look longer and fuller. I’ve been asked a few times if I wear fake eyelashes, which I’ve never worn and it’s probably because they look much thicker and longer after I’ve applied mascara. I’ll also share with you how I apply lipstick :).
1. Use a thick brush to add a light skin toned eyeshadow from the inner lid, where your eye starts all the way across to where your eye ends. Next I add the same color to the crease and above the crease from the center moving outward. I then add it to the area right below the eyebrow and I extend it all the way to where your eyebrow ends. Now you might notice that your eyebrow ends further out than where your eye ends, which is normal. You’ll even out the make-up making a diagonal line with your eyeshadow from where your eye ends to where your eyebrow ends.
2. Use a thin brush and brown or black eyeshadow and trace your eyelid to where your eye ends.
And now for the fun part! :) How to apply mascara. I use “They’re Real!” by benefit because they are real ;). I’m kidding, I use this mascara because I love the wand, it separates your eyelashes so that they don’t stick together and you don’t get spider lashes. I’ve also found that tip of the wand is unique because it as bristles.
3. I first use the bristles on the long part of the wand to separate my lashes and give them the first layer of mascara. With mascara I work from the outside of the eye to the inside. I then use the tip of the wand, which has the most liquid, and I go over them again. This time they should begin to look thicker but because of the bristles on tip they should not stick together. If you find that they are sticking together use a small lash comb like the one below.
4. I then repeat the same process with the lower lashes.
5. I then use the thinner corner of my red lipstick to outline my lips. Then I fill-in the center of the lips with lipstick and then I press my lips together.
These are the products I used.
And this was the final product ;)
Have a great day!